Contest Rules and Regulations
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE AND NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Description of the Contest
Each entrant will have an opportunity to win one (1) of forty (40) prizes. One (1) of two (2) VertiMax (120-277V) luminaires; one (1) of two (2) NXT-LP (120/240V) luminaires; one (1) of thirty six (36) pairs limited edition PL Light / Method 7 Grow Glasses. By being an attendant at MJ BizCon Las Vegas 2021, and taking a picture with the P.L. Light Systems gaiter, and ‘following’ and tagging the official P.L. Light Systems Instagram account, the relevant dealer account (@griffin_cannabis booth # C4138; @bfgsupply booth # C6427; @rfagriculture booth # C8141) AND the MJ BizCon account (#mjbizcon). Official P.L. Light Systems gaiters will be available at participating dealer booths at MJ Biz Con.
This Contest begins on Tuesday, Oct 19, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. and closes on Friday, October 22nd, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST), after which time no other entries will be accepted.
The sponsor of this Contest is P.L. Light Systems Inc. Co-sponsors are Griffin Greenhouse Supplies Inc (booth C4138)., RF Agriculture (C8141) and BFG Supply (booth C6427).
To enter the Contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the Contest Sponsor with respect to the Contest. If in disagreement with the Contest rules, all forms of entry are void and made ineligible to receive the prize.
No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is necessary to enter or win; a purchase, payment, or donation will not increase the chance of winning. By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final. The Contest starts at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, October 19, 2021, and ends at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, October 22nd, 2021 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, October 22, 2021.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is intended for the Continental United States of America and Canada only and will be evaluated according to United States and Canada law. Do not enter the Contest unless you are a legal resident of the Continental United States of America or Canada.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be age 21 or older. Each entrant is allowed up to a total of one (1) entry.
- Employees of P.L. Light Systems . and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members are ineligible. Sponsor’s and any co-sponsors’ agents and/or independent contractors and their immediate family members are also ineligible. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
How to Enter
One (1) entry for doing ONE (1) of the following actions:
Like AND tag the official P.L. Light Systems Instagram, and relevant dealer Instagram (RF Agriculture, BFG Supply Co. or Griffins Greenhouses) AND post a picture with the P.L. Light Systems gaiter, which can be picked up at any participating vendor booth. Use hashtag #mjbizcon.
To qualify, photos must be tagged on the official P.L. Light Systems account.
Terms and Conditions
- Tagged photos which show the P.L. Light Systems gaiter only. Direct messages to P.L. Light Systems do not qualify as an entry.
- Each Entry must be in keeping with P.L. Light Systems’ image and any relevant co-sponsor’s image and may not be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory or inappropriate as determined by P.L. Light System in PL Light Systems’ sole discretion. P.L. Light Systems reserves the right to disqualify any Submission it deems to be not in keeping with P.L. Light Systems’ image or co-sponsor’s image, profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory, and/or inappropriate at PL Light Systems’ sole discretion.
- Each entry (hereinafter “Submission” or “Entry”) must comply with the terms and conditions of using the mentioned Social Platforms website found at:
Submissions that are not successfully posted to Instagram will not be considered.
- Submissions must be made in English.
- The person submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one person who owns the email address associated with the Submission. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one person as the Entrant who will be the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to the rules, and accept the prize(s). P.L. Light Systems, its affiliates, its program partners, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest are not responsible for any disputes among collaborators related to the Contest.
- Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes upon any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. or Canadian law. Entries violating this section of the rules may be disqualified.
- Each Entrant is limited to a total of one (1) submission. Each Entrant is limited to be eligible to win one (1) prize. Each Entrant will be required to sign a release and affidavit for the Contest entry and must agree to abide by these rules.
- P.L. Light Systems reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to remove or blur any non-material elements rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission. PL Light Systems may elect to make these changes or ask the Entrant to do so. If P.L. Light Systems requests Entrant make these adjustments and Entrant chooses not to make these adjustments, the Submission is subject to disqualification.
- By entering, each Entrant hereby releases and holds harmless P.L. Light Systems, Co-sponsor, its program partners, and each of their subsidiaries and affiliates, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the same from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and liabilities arising out of this Contest including travel.
- Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content in P.L. Light Systems’ sole discretion will be disqualified, not published, and/or not considered for prizes.
- By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees P.L. Light Systems shall unconditionally and irrevocably own the Entry submitted including all rights embodied therein in winning entries and that P.L. Light Systems and its designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of any Entry or Submission or elements there of any Entry or Submission online, in print, film, television, or any other media now or hereafter without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by law.
- P.L. Light Systems and Contest Co-sponsor are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
- All Submissions received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All Submissions become the property of P.L. Light Systems and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules, or the like, may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the Contest. The Contest Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S./Canadian or applicable state/province or local law.
Forty (40) Entrant Prize Winners (“Prize Winner”) will be selected by a random selection process chosen by P.L. Light Systems.
- The one (1) of forty (40) prize winners will receive one (1) of two (2) VertiMax (120-277V) luminaires; one (1) of two (2) NXT-LP (120/240V) luminaires; 1 (one) of 36 (thirty six) pairs limited edition PL Light / Method 7 Grow Glasses (LED or HPS available)
- No substitutions for the prize will be allowed. Void where restricted or prohibited.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to P.L. Light Systems to claim prize before another winner will be picked.
- Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred. All prize winners are required to verify proper and legal picture identification within 30 days of notification of winning the prize. Winner may forfeit any and all prize winning if verification cannot or has not been made within 30 days. Upon proper verification, prize winning will be awarded by courier to winner’s mailing address within twenty one (21) business days. NOTE: US residents will be required to present their social security number for US customs purposes.
- The winner will be notified via public social media mention and direct message and must show valid photo identification to claim their prize. P.L. Light Systems and any Contest co-sponsors reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant and the Prize Winner(s) waive any and all claims of liability against P.L. Light Systems, and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. The Prize Winner(s) will be required to complete a release and affidavit prior to acceptance of any prize.
- By claiming a prize, the Prize Winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) P.L. Light Systems may deem appropriate.
- To obtain the name of the Prize Winner(s) of the Contest, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Legal Department, P.L. Light Systems, 4800 Hinan Drive, Beamsville, Ontario L0R 1B1, by December 31, 2021.
- The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, Canada and any applicable state/provincial laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. All claims relating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or province courts in Niagara Township, Ontario, Canada.
- P.L. Light Systems is not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of P.L. Light Systems personnel. P.L. Light Systems reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. P.L. Light Systems will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and their decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of P.L. Light Systems, P.L. Light Systems reserves the right to terminate this Contest or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as P.L. Light Systems deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by P.L. Light Systems and are final. P.L. Light Systems may waive any of these rules at its sole discretion.
- P.L. Light Systems and any Co-sponsor(s) reserve the right not to award any prizes if none of the entries received meet the stated Contest criteria, at P.L. Light Systems’ sole discretion.
- P.L. Light Systems and the Contest Co-sponsors take no responsibility and assume no liability for any omissions, acts or damages that may result from the preparing of materials to submit to this Contest. P.L. Light Systems and Contest Co-sponsors stress that producers safely conduct their projects and avoid potentially dangerous production situations that put crew, actors, the public or any other persons at risk.
Intellectual Property Rights
- By submitting any entry, entrants thereby grant to P.L Light Systems and Co-sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted work (including the photograph and all aspects and elements thereof) or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to P.L. Light Systems and Co-sponsors include, but are not limited to, the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted work.
- By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants affirm they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to P.L. Light Systems and/or the Contest co-sponsors herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that P.L. Light Systems and the Contest co-sponsors shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant, and may, at their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the entrant submits.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting any entry, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue P.L. Light Systems, and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns (“P.L. Light Systems and co-sponsors”), of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against P.L. Light Systems and co-sponsors by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the Contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the Contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless P.L. Light Systems and co-sponsors from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by the Entrant of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.