Your New Home
P.L. Light Systems is a pioneer in the horticultural industry and has had its roots firmly planted here in North America since 1981. For the past forty-three years, we have manufactured, serviced, and supported best-in-class supplemental horticultural luminaires in North & South America. Our team is passionate about lighting and plants, and we enjoy being a small part of our customers’ success in growing their final vegetable, ornamental, or recreational products. In an industry that is rapidly evolving in implementing technology in the CEA markets including Greenhouses, Vertical Farming, and Indoor Farming, this is a great opportunity to join an industry leader for your next adventure.
This role is responsible for business development in selling supplemental lighting solutions to the horticultural and medicinal markets in your assigned region. This role is hands-on, accountable for increasing sales and expanding the current customer base. It is the front line of client interaction and requires exceptional project management, account management, and territory management skills while providing comprehensive lighting solutions to customers. This position will work remotely from home (based in USA / Canada) and will require travel across multiple states or provinces.
- Work with existing accounts and develop new accounts, determining their needs and requirements based on a thorough knowledge of P.L. Light Systems’ products and services
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish revenue goals
- Plan, direct and monitor the activities of a dealer sales channel within the region adjacent to your direct sales efforts, to achieve established revenue targets
- Contribute to the team development of regional strategies related to sales, marketing, customer retention, pricing, and distribution
- Prepare and present professional sales presentations on products, services, and solutions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors’ products, market trends and opportunities
- Manage and maintain CRM sales pipeline for forecasting, generate quotes and light plans for customers as required
- Exceptional project, account, and territory management skills
- Strong prospecting and opportunity business development skills
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude, and the ability to think outside the box
- Exceptional relationship management / customer-first skills, including the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple time sensitive projects and tasks at one time
- Fluent in sales forecasting and use of a CRM system
- Proficient with MS Office 365 Applications, CRM Systems, and Light Planning Software
We want to thank all applicants, in advance, for their interest but only qualified applicants under consideration will be contacted.