Your New Home
P.L. Light Systems is a pioneer in the horticultural industry and has had its roots firmly planted here in North America since 1981. For the past forty-one years, we have manufactured, serviced, and supported best-in-class supplemental horticultural luminaires in North & South America. Our team is passionate about lighting and plants, and we enjoy being a small part of our customers’ success in growing their final vegetable, ornamental, medicinal or recreational products. In an industry that is rapidly evolving in implementing technology in the CEA markets including Greenhouses, Vertical Farming, and Indoor Farming, this is a great opportunity to join an industry leader for your next adventure.
This is an Inside Sales Account Manager position that involves building relationships with our existing clients to promote sales of our products to a large territory covering Canada and the United States. This role supports our Regional Sales Managers with account management and sales cycle support.
You will master our product line and understand the applications and value-add to our customers in the CEA space (greenhouses, indoor farming, and vertical farming) so that you can assist our RSMs to make optimized ROI based presentations to our customers for their supplemental lighting needs. This position will work closely with the Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) to define potential customers, manage and grow existing customer relationships, maintain CRM, and provide support in developing lighting plans and quotes for customers.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in inside sales and account management, with a strong ability to build rapport with customers and drive results.
This is a remote position with the successful candidate based in USA / Canada.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Managers to identify new potential customers
- In the assigned region assist RSMs in managing sales cycles from start to finish
- Nurture and retain existing accounts by providing exceptional service and support
- Work closely with RSMs to assist them in larger scale projects with generation of light plans and quotes, sales cycle management, customer information gathering
- Manage territory after-market sales of annuity re-lamping projects
- Ensure CRM updates are completed regularly for all sales opportunities, including up to date notes for each sales cycle
- Collaborate regularly with the Customer Service, Logistics, Production, Marketing, and Management teams on topics related to customer orders and opportunities
- Develop and manage strong relationships with our existing customer base
- Post secondary education in a business-related program, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of B2B sales or sales support experience in a value add consultative role
- Proven experience in sales – cold calling, following up on leads, working with customers on their quotes, consulting with customers on specifications and project needs
- Experience in the CEA / horticultural lighting industry a strong asset
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Superior customer service focus, proactive outgoing personality
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable communicating with decision makers and senior level management
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluent user knowledge of MS Office 365, MS Dynamics (or similar CRM tool like Salesforce)
- Working knowledge of light planning software an asset (e.g. DIALux)
We want to thank all applicants, in advance, for their interest but only qualified applicants under consideration will be contacted.