P.L. Light Systems is a leading manufacturer of horticultural lighting systems in the North American market. Established for over 40 years, we have built our reputation on sharing our knowledge in the industry with customers to provide lighting solutions that maximize their particular plant growth needs. That is why we are, “The Lighting Knowledge Company”.
What you will do:
In the position of Purchasing Specialist you will procure and expedite raw materials for an assembly environment. You will manage global vendor relationships and work closely with internal departments to understand and deliver on purchasing needs.
Some of your key activities in this position are:
- Procure raw component inventory required for the assembly of finished goods base on the recommendation of the Production Planner’s analysis of demands and MIN/MAX inventory levels.
- Review, source, and procure non-inventory and sundry items as required.
- Manage the purchase order (PO) from beginning to end including preparing PO supporting documentation, entering PO into the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX), placing PO with vendor, closely monitoring delivery dates to ensure arrival of goods meet scheduled production requirements, arranging pickup/transport of PO if applicable, verifying receipt of PO and following up with suppliers on variances.
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of global vendors.
- Collaborate with warehouse staff to ensure inventory levels coincide with available warehouse space.
What education and experience you need:
- You have a post-secondary Diploma or Degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Certification or working towards certification with APICS is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of MS Dynamic AX is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Purchaser or Buyer preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in procurement with global vendors, customs and international transport.
- Experience with rolling demand forecasting.
Who you are:
- Highly analytical when it comes to reading and reporting on numbers, and you are obsessed with getting the details right.
- A strong problem solver, you are creative in finding solutions to resolve issues.
- A solid relationship builder, you can work effectively and build rapport with external stakeholders and work well with internal departments.
- An exceptional ability to communicate clearly with all stakeholders. You are also able to adapt your communication style to effectively manage cultural differences when dealing with out of country vendors.
- You can be assertive and influence the outcome when the situation calls for it. For instance, when you are working with a vendor on a deadline or when there are variances in goods received.
We are committed to fostering a workforce based upon respect, inclusion and diversity. P.L. Light Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank all applicants, in advance, for their interest but only qualified applicants under consideration will be contacted.