P.L. Light Systems is a leading manufacturer of horticultural lighting systems in the North American market. Established for over 40 years, we have built our reputation on sharing our knowledge in the industry with customers to provide lighting solutions that maximize their particular plant growth needs. That is why we are, “The Lighting Knowledge Company”.
What you will do:
The Production Planner is a key position in our assembly environment that ensures raw materials and labour capacity are scheduled to meet customer delivery dates.
Some of your key activities in this position are:
- Produce and maintain the production schedule.
- Monitor labour resources and inventory levels of raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods to ensure that fulfillment of future production requirements are met.
- Maintain and modify bill of materials in ERP system as required.
- Create and close out work orders.
What education and experience you need:
- You have a post-secondary Diploma or Degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Certification in APICS, preferably Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years production planning ideally in an assembly/manufacturing environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset.
- Extensive experience with using a Material Requirements Planning software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset.
Who you are:
- Highly analytical when it comes to reading and reporting on numbers, and you are obsessed with getting the details right
- A strong problem solver with the ability to think outside the box
- A solid relationship builder, you can work effectively with cross functional teams both within the company and with outside stakeholders
We are committed to fostering a workforce based upon respect, inclusion and diversity. P.L. Light Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank all applicants, in advance, for their interest but only qualified applicants under consideration will be contacted.