Do you consider yourself to be dynamic, focused and results-driven? We are currently hiring for a Regional Sales Manager who is looking for a unique career opportunity within the horticultural industry.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, The Americas, this role is responsible for building business selling lighting to the horticultural and medicinal markets through dealers and direct to end users, in the West Coast of the USA. This role is hands-on, accountable for increasing sales and expanding current customer base. It is the front line of client interaction and requires understanding the significance of building rapport and providing comprehensive lighting solutions to customers.
- Work with existing customers and expand into new accounts to determine their needs and requirements based on a thorough knowledge of vendor product lines
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals
- Plan, direct and monitor the activities of a sales channel within the West Coast region to achieve establish sales targets
- Contribute to the development of sales, marketing, customer retention, advertising, pricing and distribution strategies for the region
- Prepare and present professional, engaging sales presentations on products and services
- Participate in personal development training and technical training of the product lines
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of competitors’ products, opportunities in the market and observe industry trends
- Perform other duties and projects as required, from time to time
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude, the ability to think outside the box, and perform with limited supervision
- Solid relationship management / customer service skills, including the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams as well as with both internal and external stakeholders
- Solid judgment and decision making skills
- Positive attitude, non-confrontational personality and able to de-escalate customer situations as they arise
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at one time, delivering feedback to relevant departments or people with time sensitive deadlines with limited supervision
- Detail oriented, able to find definitive answers, and deliver recommended solutions and courses of action
- Experience in an outside role or field sales role – primarily face to face meetings
- Demonstrated experience with new business quota that requires both prospecting and cold-calling
- Experience in a role with sales cycles reaching upward of 12 – 24 months
- Experience managing customer projects with a cost of $25,000 and upward
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
- Proficient use of CRM forecasting systems
- Post secondary education within a business discipline
- Specialized knowledge of or experience in the lighting or horticultural markets is an asset
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full time, permanent role with a competitive total rewards package.
If you are looking for a new professional challenge, please send your customized resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. We want to thank all applicants, in advance, for their interest. Note: only qualified applicants under consideration will be contacted.