Do you have a passion for supply chain and purchasing? Are you looking for a company where you can make a real difference? We have the job for you!
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a strong knowledge and understanding of the supply chain dynamics in a manufacturing environment, along with a solid understanding of vendor relationships and operational purchasing knowledge. In this hands-on role you will be ensuring P.L. Light Systems’ raw component needs and supply chain is delivering to targets in a fast paced environment.
- Review and process purchase requisitions for compliance to Purchasing Policy and issue purchase orders to vendors on MS Dynamics ERP computerized system
- Confer with Senior Management to determine purchase needs, performance, specifications and areas of standardization for purchase or lease of raw components, supplies and equipment
- Follow the Purchasing Policy and related Policies and Procedures for compliance of the procurement process
- Manage the procurement process schedule for obtaining goods and services as planned and communicated to the department(s), within the identified timelines
- Plan and manage a transparent, open and fair competitive procurement process
- Provide support to departments for other procurement processes as required
- Assist Senior Management in Interviewing vendors and service providers
- Prepare written reports with purchase recommendations for Senior Management
- Assist Senior Management in negotiating contract renewals or extensions
- Assist departments on general procurement matters relating to finding suppliers, meeting delivery schedules and solving supply problems like substitutes and alternatives.
- Expedite the delivery of open PO’s and monitor quality and performance of vendor service levels
- Ensure vendor performance complies with the terms and conditions of the purchase
- Analyze goods and service purchasing practices and report non-compliance and recommend improvements to the Manager.
- Keep informed of new improved products, current market conditions and pricing
- Participate with co-workers and Management staff in the development and/or review of purchasing related projects, procedures and methods
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude, the ability to think outside the box, and perform with limited supervision
- Solid relationship management skills, including the ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Relentless attention to detail and highly organized
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Solid judgment and decision making skills
- Highly Proficient in ERP systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic AX an asset
- Highly proficient in Microsoft 365 environment
- Superb analytical and escalation skills
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, permanent role offering a competitive salary, with comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, etc.), and RRSP matching up to 4
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received, with priority given to those who complete the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.