Do you have a passion for social media, blogging, and content creation? Are you looking for a company where you can make a real difference to sales and a company’s strategic goals? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, along with a solid understanding of marketing basics. In this hands-on role you will not only be leading P.L. Light Systems’ digital strategy, but also be responsible for the day-to-day community management of all social media platforms (including content development), website maintenance, blog calendar and content, email campaigns and newsletters.
Ideally, you are:
- Creative and energetic – you’re always looking for new ideas, and new ways to market our brand. You embrace the latest social media trends, produce great written and video content, and are excited to dive in and make an immediate impact.
- Driven and engaged – you love to have fun at work, but not at the expense of quality. Everything you produce is polished and professional. You work hard at what you do and take great pride in your work, and love seeing the positive results of your efforts.
- Positive and outgoing – you’re excited to come to work every day, and clients and coworkers are drawn to your great personality. You embrace and add to our culture, and help raise the level of the entire team.
On a practical level, you will:
- Create original content for all P.L. Light’s digital platforms (social media, blogs, email marketing campaigns, infographics, project features, etc.) to reinforce the company’s key messages and business objectives.
- Act as community manager for social platforms and engage in meaningful and appropriate two-way conversation with target audiences.
- Organize, maintain, and update website content.
- Optimize SEO-friendly content for both web and mobile platforms.
- Use social data/metrics, insight, and best practices to implement strategies to optimize use of social media channels.
- Manage blog calendar and content.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience in a relevant marketing role with digital content editorial experience
- Strong knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Strong familiarity with SEO best practices, keyword search, and social media marketing
- Proven and versatile experience in the creation of content for social media posts, blogs, website content and email campaigns.
- Experience managing Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) for graphics creation
- Experience with Google Analytics and WordPress
- Solid proofreading skills
- Video production / editing skills are a bonus
- Prior experience in the technology/electronics industry preferred, but not required
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, permanent role.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, with comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, etc.), and RRSP matching up to 4%. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received, with priority given to those who complete the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.